Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Review: Bare Minerals Prime Time- Oil Control Foundation Primer

I picked up this primer back in June because I have pretty oily skin and the primers that I had at the time weren't quite doing it for me. I wanted to find something without the slippery feel to it that so many primers have and something that would really mattify my skin so the girl at Sephora suggested this primer to me.

In the store I absolutely loved it when I tried it on my hand. It was a lightweight gel that dried pretty quickly and did not have the slippery feel that most silicone based primers have. When I got home and tried it on my face it was a whole different story. It took longer to dry on my face. In a couple of spots where I must not have blended it out well enough there were white powdery streaks across my skin. It also somehow managed to slip over my larger pores, tightening up the skin around them, so that when I put my foundation on the larger pores filled up with foundation and were then more noticeable than they are when I don't use any primer at all. This stuff also pulled off the feat of sucking all of the moisture out of my skin giving me big dry patches, and then I broke out.

Overall, I would not recommend this primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment