Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Review: Montagne Jeunesse Chocolate Masque


This face mask was sent to me for free to test and review by Influenster in their Holiday VoxBox. The mask is a mud mask containing clay, dead sea salt, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, and shea butter. It claims to unblock pores, renew, and hydrate your skin and is supposed to be suitable for normal, dry, and t-zone skin.

First off, it took everything I had in me not to taste this stuff because it looks, smells, and feels just like milk chocolate frosting! It goes on really smooth. I was kind of worried that it would make my already oily skin a little greasy since it says it has cocoa and shea butters in it, but it didn't at all. It tightened my skin a little the way clay based masks usually do(good for oily skin) and it left my skin feeling fresh and clean and my pores looked a little tighter. Since it worked so well on my oily skin I'm not so sure it would be that great on drier skin types, the tightening action that goes on as the mask dries might be a little irritating to anyone who already has dry skin. All in all I think this was a great mask for my skin type and I would definitely purchase more of these in the future.

Pros:
There's enough product in each sachet for a couple of uses.
Smells amazing!
Relatively inexpensive
Wide variety of masks for all skin types and conditions
PETA approved for those that are animal rights conscious

Cons:
It's a UK based company, and I can't find anywhere that these are available in the U.S. except online through Amazon. Some sellers sell individual masks for a decent price and some only sell the masks by the case. I'm assuming these are going to be more readily available in the U.S. since they sent them to us to try out, but there is nothing on the Montagne Jeunesse website that says so, so I'm not really sure?

5 comments:

  1. I recognize the packaging. Apparently the company sells to WalMart! http://www.walmart.com/ip/Montagne-Jeunesse-Fruit-Smoothie-Raspberry-Mango-Masque-.7-oz/20927784

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for posting that! I haven't been to Walmart in a while, but I want to go check out that new makeup line by Drew Barrymore and I will have to try out some more of these masks too:-)

      Delete
    2. I just noticed that you replied to my comment... sorry for the long delay! HOW did I miss that DB was coming out with her own line?!? Looks amazing and I -think- there just might be a foundation shade perfect for meeeeee lol! Too bad it's not in my local Walmart. I will have to get out to the big city to get my hands on her products!

      Delete
    3. Neither her makeup or the masks were at my local Walmart, major bummer:-( I will probably end up just ordering online.

      Delete
  2. Oops, wrong link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Montagne-Jeunesse-Chocolate-Anti-Stress-Masque-0.7-oz/15724140

    ReplyDelete