Search This Blog

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Project 10 Pan: The Mini Series! Finale/Reviews


My two weeks are up! Here's what I thought of the samples that I used up for this mini project pan:

1. John Frieda Luxurious Volume shampoo & conditioner was just okay to me. The smell was nice, fresh and clean, but I wasn't in love with it. As far as the performance, it made my hair feel exactly like the new formula of Avon's volumizing hair care line...slightly weighed down:-( So not a fan of this.

2. Origins Smarty Plants CC Skin complexion corrector had pretty light coverage and a dewy, glowy finish. I think if you have normal to dry skin and don't want or like a lot of coverage this might be something to try. For me though, it was a miss with my oily skin and discoloration.

3. Benefit Big Easy multi-balancing complexion perfector This was a miss for me as well. It had better coverage than the Origins Smarty Plants and with the powdery finish is definitely better for oily skin types. My main issue with this is that it is too siliconey and, much like their Porefessional primer, instead of smoothing over larger pores and filling them in it skipped over them and made them more obvious. Also, because this dries down to a powder finish so quickly it gets cakey if you have to build it up.

4. Agave healing oil treatment is most likely going to be a holy grail hair product for me! I can't believe I let this sample sit around for so long!! It is a lightweight oil that absorbs into my hair so well leaving my hair nice and shiny without looking stringy or being weighed down at all. I only needed a very smell amount to smooth through the ends of my hair, so that tiny sample lasted me nearly the whole two weeks. AND, it smells amazing! Very coconut, vanilla, tropical fruit blend type of smell. Super yummy!

5. Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion skin exfoliant was a decent little scrub. I felt like it was pretty gentle, and I liked the lemony scent. I don't feel though that it worked better than any drugstore scrubs that I've tried, so I definitely won't ever be spending $78 on a full sized tube.

6. Avon Anew Vitale day cream was sort of a hit and a miss for me. I loved the performance of the cream. It made my skin look a little brighter and smoother after just one use. It left my skin moisturized without any greasy/oily residue. My makeup sat really nicely on top of it too. The only thing that's stopping me from running out to pick up a jar of this is that it's a little too heavily fragranced for my taste. The scent is nice, a very clean floral smell, but I could smell it all day. I'm still going to keep this cream in mind for the next time I need to buy a full-sized cream since the only other one that I've tried lately that I like as much as the Vitale is considerably more expensive, but I really do wish this had a lighter scent.

7. Kate Somerville HydraClear hydrating acne gel made my face itch and I broke out the first time I used it. Enough said.

8.Spa Towells body lotion towelette was just...ugh... This felt disgusting to me when I pulled it out of the packet, super slimy! It smelled like celery. The claim was that each towelette contained enough lotion to moisturize the whole body, thank God it only had enough to cover my legs because I don't think I could have handled that smell on my upper body. This were just a miss for me in every possible way.

9. Sephora Orange Blossom creamy body wash was okay as well. I picked up some of these capsules a long while back in different scents for travel purposes and this was the last one I had laying around. The packaging is definitely convenient for travel. The scent was alright, kind of a green leafy floral(I don't think it's even available anymore). The formula was kind of meh. Not bad, but also not that hydrating and creamy. I feel like there are better and cheaper body washes at the drugstore. The only real upside to this product is the packaging.

10. Calvin Klein Endless Euphoria is a scent that's not what I typically go for(a little to floral for me, I like sweet/spicy/woody smells), but I could see myself picking this up in the Spring/Summer. This has a little citrus and woods to it and i do really like that, plus it mixed with my body chemistry well and i got a lot of compliments while wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment