Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Book Review | The Invention of Wings

The Invention of WingsThe Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book was just okay to me. I think given the political climate during the time period this story was written in, both for slavery and women's rights issues, and the fact that it's based on a REAL person's life...who was a woman...and owned a slave...that was a woman...it just fell short.

Every essay just kind of skimmed the surface of emotions that the characters would have been feeling in the situations they were dealing with. It actually took me months to finish this book because there wasn't anything really gripping my attention or making me feel the need to keep reading.

It was alright but could have been so much better.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment