Search This Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Review: Avon Gel Finish in Barely There

This polish has been a major fail for me:-( I hate to even post this because I have had such good luck with my other Avon nail polishes, and I have quite a few, but if you are thinking about getting this one I really don't recommend it.

The polish claims to be a 7-in1 product with built in base and top coat. I put it on my bare nails and it went on nice, smooth, very shiny, and I loved the color. I turned a documentary on and sat still for 1 1/2 hours, letting my nails have plenty of time to fully dry by the time the movie was over. I washed my hands afterwards and as soon as my fingertips hit the towel EVERY...SINGLE...NAIL...smudged! Seriously!? I can't speak to how any of the other colors perform, but I probably won't be getting any more of these based off of how poorly this one worked out for me.

6 comments:

  1. Ok I did a review on channel i hate it. It smear and it is streaky. Glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try it doing my nails the way I usually do them, with base and top coat, and see if it works out better that way...we shall see:-)

      Delete
  2. Mine only smudged on one nail, but I was very careful. It started chipping the very next day! Thumbs down...love the color (Very Berry), but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the color of this one, and the Envy we got in our Maven bundles, so I'm going to play around with them some more and see if I can get them to work for me. I'm hoping if I use a good fast dry top coat I can avoid all of the smudging.

      Delete
  3. These nail polishes are not available in Poland yet but I guess I won't be getting any of them when in stock. Thank you for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried these again with a fast dry top coat and they were much better, but they still don't perform any better than the rest of Avon's polishes. I think if there is a color that you just have to have go ahead and spend the extra money, otherwise I would stick to the other Avon nail polish lines.

      Delete